Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mama You Are My Valentine


23rd was the day in the month of April,
Mama in agony as I feel the world’s blessings,
Slowly the doctors examined me as I took my first breath,
My cries made everyone happy,
Irene is my name and not Marybeth,
Mama, loving you is the only present I offer this Valentines;


Years has gone by with some disappointment,
Never intended to upset you,
From the blue I stress you,
Thinking of all the troubles I have brought to you,
Mama, loving you is the only present I offer this Valentines;

Today I want you to help me review,
Removing all my bad tattoos,
Brought by my worse taboos,
Tired of jumping like a Kangaroo,
I want to wear your shoes,
And learn what you go through,
It will be me and you,
Mother and daughter,
Together a team of us two,
Mama, loving you is the only present I offer this Valentines;

No matter what,
I am your loving daughter,
As you are my beloved mother,
You are the strength that lives in me,
You are the joy and hope that see me through,
You are my role model and my Valentines,
Mama, loving you is the only present I offer this Valentines.

Dedication to Joyce Mwakilema from Irene 


No comments:

Post a Comment