Sunday, August 12, 2012

Memories are Fading Away [Continuation]



Memories are fading away
Time and places; all I see is us a distance away
We lived in love but together we were never meant to stay
Our chapter is done; once we were one alas our hearts went astray

I vowed to love you every day
I pledged to cherish you in every way
I longed to love you every night and day
I wanted to be with you always; hoping for eternity we will stay


You loved me all the same but the man in me drove you away
I was yours to love; my pride was a roadmap to our doomsday
Loneliness and heartache was a price too dear to pay
Without you I am facing the world hoping for a better day
Someday… 

I believe in second chances but I don’t believe in recycling memories
I am getting out of the race for all I have remained with are old stories
You left my soul wandering in a maze of former victories
Time heals, I hope for rainy days to wash away all memories

You were my soul mate, your love was like food to my soul
You captivated me like magnet, and my life was in your control
I am struggling to forget, still memories haunts me like a ghoul
Memories fades like the sunset but the hole is still in my soul

I will remember the good times, in my life you defined love
I will reminisce on our arguments, for they taught me to live
I regret the pain I caused you, I made it impossible for you to forgive
And the sleepless nights you cried for me, alone I let you grieve

Memories are fading away, I am learning to let go
My sky is all dark and gray, ooh girl I loved you so
I failed to meet you halfway; to love, you whispered no more
All the sweet memories are fading away, All I hear is a farfetched echo.

Lusajo L. Mwaisaka ©2012
Comments
1 Comments
Facebook Comments

1 comment: