Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You’re a Past I Choose to Forget


You are a past I choose to leave behind me,
An example of what should never come near me,
Because when I thought I deserved you, you chose to hurt me,
I have moved on and left you with just memories of me,
You’re a past I  choose to forget b’se you never deserve me my dear;


The mistreat were cold and clear
,
The path you chose was clear,
And that didn't include me dear,
And openly I had to adhere,
You’re a past I  choose to forget b’se you never deserve me my dear;

In another woman you found refuge you declared,

And that all we shared never did matter you declared,
Suddenly hurting me was what you enjoyed and dared,
The comfort you found wit me had gone in despair,
You’re a past I  choose to forget b’se you never deserve me my dear;

All I had ever been to you suddenly never mattered I see,

And to you an enemy I quickly turned out to be,
A curse you say you never wanna see,
Ironic b’se the opposite of this is what you had promised me to see,
You’re a past I  choose to forget b’se you never deserve me my dear;

All I had made you become to the world,

All the sacrifices I had put for you on the board,
Some other woman you said deserve the outcome of my sweat and blood,
With no hesitation you shouted that I didn’t deserve your world,
You’re a past I  choose to forget b’se you never deserve me my dear;


A woman as strong as I am though not of perfection I swear,

I declare that this is never gonna drug me down with fear,
Rather it is a path that has taught me a lesson my dear,
And despite all that I came out in victory here,
You’re a past I  choose to forget b’se you never deserve me my dear.
 Composed by Faraja Edward

Comments
5 Comments
Facebook Comments

5 comments:

  1. A poem like this is what I would call real poetry.. From Tha painful start to Tha powerful end... This is an inspirational poem!!
    I tell you, She is Tha Future...
    Am waiting on Tha next one..

    Shouts Out To Faraja Edward, What A beautiful piece!! Mch luv... Mkizzle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what you call REAL POETRY, it's so amazing and inspirational from the painful start to the powerful end...
    It tell me never let anything o anyone pull yu back, you are strong!!

    Shouts out to Ms Faraja Edward, you are truly talented, keep goin hard!! Mch luv.. Mkizzle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem and it's kinda make me feel guilty for what happened few years back. We learn from our mistakes and reading something that reminds you of what you did makes you realize that you're born, you die, and in between you make a lot of mistakes the important thing is to leave it behind by starting a new chapter.

    Looking forward for another poem fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it very much...keep it on Malenga wetu!!! By the way, u may also consider the other side of gender...I am sure they too have their sufferings as far as relationships are concerned...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely. It shoud go into a song....

    ReplyDelete