Thursday, February 14, 2013

Broken

Why walk into my heart now,
While am bitter and heart broken,
Why bring light in my dark world,
While am so used to the darkness;

I’m that novel with torn pages,
Gone and lost,
I’m that burnt candle about to end,
Just last shaky flame that remains; 

Why take me to beautiful places,
While they revive forgotten memories,
Why find love that you desire in me,
While it’s dead and gone;

I’m that damaged goods,
I’m that lonely without loneliness,
I’m that empty liking vessel,
I’m that broken seat;

Why sip my sour waters,
While sweet taste juices are out there for you,
Why swim in my acid waters,
While fresh spring waters flow from the untouched mountains;

I know you think you can change me,
Take these words by heart,
Never meant to reject you or intend to hurt you,
But prevent future heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment